Thursday, July 10, 2008

Rose of Sharon
This guy seemed very interesting.
Today's harvest - 11 cucumbers, 3 squash, 2 zucchini
This basket belonged to my Grandpa Sullivan. Dad gave me several when he cleaned out Grandpa's shed. Grandma was telling me how it use to stay full of beans during the summers when he gardened.
Cucumber Donut
We looked into this a little bit and think it is something called catface. It can be caused by cool temperatures, or excessive nitrogen. If anyone else has any info on this problem please share!
This is what the fruit of that weird volunteer plant I keep writing about now looks like. What is it??

Today was another busy day. I went blueberry picking again with my uncle Larry and another good friend of mine. Larry and I both gave some of our loot to grandma who is very excited to make a blueberry cobbler. When I got back home from some other errands I worked in the garden some. I cleaned up the tomatoes plants where the leaves have gotten spotty from all the rain and did some harvesting!

2 comments:

Karey said...

It wouldn't let me comment... so I had to sign up :) But - taht's OK. I was saying... it's too bad that the "cucumber donut" won't last until fair time... you could have decorated it with sprinkles and stuff :) LOL!!

Rach said...

LOL, Karey! :o)

Is the volunteer plant some sort of squash?