Sunday, July 12, 2009

Mid July

Just a few pictures before we leave for a two week trip in the mid west. I visited crows nest and picked 2 gallons of berries in less than 2 hours.
This is the first year we've seen blight like evidence on our pepper plants. The bottom leaves are turning spotty/brownish yellow and falling off. I did get an organic fungicide dust to use. It would have been best to have used it as a preventative measure, but I wasn't expecting to have problems with our peppers.
Butternut squash is coming in. This is the one squash plant that didn't look devastated early on by cucumber beetles and squash bugs, but they seem to be moving in and actually eating on the fruit not just the plant.
Our corn is still doing well, we hope to have some to eat when we get back!
One view from the entrance of the garden.
Little cabbage sprouts growing from the original cabbage plant, pretty cool, and they seem to be worm free for now.
Thanks Jessica, for all the pretty sunflower seeds. I love the shorter and smaller blooms that don't seem to get top heavy and fall over! This is such a lovely shade of yellow with the dark center!!! I think this is called Moonshadow.

2 comments:

Jess said...

Are the little sunflowers Teddy Bears? I bought those for the kids, kids seem to really like short sunflowers that they can actually see on their eye level. I'm so glad the Moonshadow's are pretty, I was most curious to see how they'd do.

Have a good trip!

Rach said...

I hope you have a wonderful trip! The gardens look wonderful. :o)