Sunday, August 17, 2008

2008 Prices Fork Fair

I was really hoping to get some pictures for those of you who read this blog that grew up attending the PF fair. I deliberately went home to get my camera and change into my PF fair 75th anniversary T-shirt from last year, so I would be showing the fair spirit when I helped mom with Little Miss Prices Fork. Of course the big draw back to digital cameras is they have to run on batteries and even though my camera was working that morning it didn't have enough juice to take a single picture at the fair. This year it didn't rain either day so there was a good flow of visitors on both days. There were some new booths including a cool lavender booth set up by a lady who grows her own lavender plants on Norris Run. We didn't have enough exhibits to need both floors of the grange but it seemed like more people were participating. With the steady rain we have had this summer the flowers were spectacular and farm and garden seemed to have a boost also. For the past two years Prices Fork Elementary has posted their teacher list at the fair and offered to let students do their talent show acts at the fair. I think this has been great and has brought some new faces to the fair. I also really enjoyed the music by Dean Trimble and Friends. One of the guys singing happened to be grandma Rubel's son in-law.

2 comments:

Jess said...

I'm so sad I missed the fair by one weekend. I have such good memories and Ella loves to play dress up with my Little Miss Price's Fork crown. :-)

Rach said...

Oh, I MISS the fair. :o(

Sounds like it was pretty fun, though! :o)