Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Dragon's Tooth

After dad's hike at Camp Altamons he has been motivated to keep hiking, which I think is super cool! So today we took on a not so easy day hike up to Dragon's Tooth. Here is one view a little over half way up.

These bugs were everywhere at the lower parts of the trail.
Updated: After using a field guide I believe these are Milkweed Bugs. I see these a lot when running in the late summer when new nymphs are emerging on the milkweed plant. The field guide I was using says that they often stray far from the plants, which would be the case here.

Here is dad looking through the two big "teeth" out over the valley below.
I didn't climb to the peak of the tooth but I did get halfway up on one, pretty incredible view.
This shows how high the tooth is and you can see why I didn't climb up to the top of it.

Can't wait for our next hike.

3 comments:

Rach said...

Woo hoo! Go George! :o)

You post photos and I get SOOOO homesick. The views are beautiful.

Hm, I remember doing Dragon's Tooth once long long ago...

Karey said...

Wonderful!!! I hope you have many more excursions together!

Barnetts said...

Wow looks like you all had a good time!