Monday, August 4, 2008

I don't have many pictures for this post, but if you zoom in on this one you should find an amphibious garden visitor.

This morning I made blackberry jam with my grandma. She had a very cool machine called the Squeezer II, that was probably made to deseed tomatoes. She used this to deseed two out of four cups of the berries we used in each batch of jam. I also made some pesto for dinner with enough extra to freeze some. My friend suggested using an ice-cube so that I could freeze small amounts that could easily be sepparted for future dinners. It worked spendidly. I've been eating a lot of sweet corn straight from the garden and have the freezer bags now to freeze some. Clay put vegetable oil on the silks of the first set of corn we planted and I have found very few worms!!! Although, I have seen a lot of earwigs down at the bottom of some of the ears. I will need to put vegetable oil on the second set we planted tomorrow also!

No comments: